Oxford Happiness Scale Questionnaire
At YouDrive we try and help people improve their health. We use ‘health’ but we understand there are other terms such as wellbeing or even happiness that reflect how we are doing in our lives – if you’re interested in the different definitions and ideas see our page on the subject.
We want to help whether you have a particular problem – physical, financial or mental – or if you just want to improve some specific part of your life or just make some improvements overall.
You’d be surprised, but there has been a serious amount of scientific work done in this area over the last twenty years.
We think there are a lot of reasons for this.
- First it’s preventative – positive wellbeing can reduce the impact of physical and mental illness and build resilience, so diet, exercise, family and friends and healthy choices can help you navigate an unpredictable life.
- Second, as we live longer the need to provide medical support for problems and care in later years becomes prohibitively expensive for those still working to fund, so anything that can be done to make people more healthy and stop problems becoming critical helps.
- Third good health supports positive social and economic outcomes for the individual and for society as a whole – governments around the world are focussing on good health as an asset rather than ill health as a burden.
Did you know the OECD have a Better Life index that since 2011 focusses on well-being rather than economic statistics and GDP, where each country is scored?
The 2020 World Happiness Report is the 8th measuring people in 156 countries by how happy their citizens are.
On a more local level the Co-op Community Wellbeing measures how well your local community works – you just enter your postcode!
So first we allow you to assess your current health (or wellbeing, or happiness). We do this by questionnaire. Which one is determined by the type of person you are:
- You understand yourself well and want a quick overview of your health and wellness, and will drill down in any areas needing work
- You want to do a more detailed assessment and then focus on areas you’re already aware of
- You want to look at the whole situation in detail – we’re still working on this.
By the way, we take your privacy seriously – we collect information that you choose to provide but we de-identify it as much as possible and will never share it with anyone without your explicit consent.
You can then drill down into some specific areas and there are more questionnaires to see your situation in these particular areas. We provide you with specific information and refer you to other potential aspects of help. Our next step is to build a personalised action plan – for now we will make a suggestion for you to develop your own plan and then after a time you can see whether this has had a positive impact by retaking the test.
In future we will be engaging with medical and behavioural specialists to devise action plans for individual people with specific situations.
We have an overall questionnaire which you can complete which will assess your current state.