Long Term Impacts on Society
Rather than just reporting facts or scare-mongering or providing (possibly fake) good news, or guessing at how governments / FIFA / ICC etc are going to try and get their sport back on track, we think it’s worthwhile exploring some odder and more far-reaching implications of our current position.
We have a number of topics in train and planned, but we’d also like to know what our readers want to see discussed. The first is:
‘Is the coronavirus going to make us better people (more societal)?’
It will be in four parts:
1. What do we mean by ‘better people’ (more societal)?
2. How does this societal / sustainable stuff affect people’s attitudes?
3. Recent background – what world changes have there been in the last 10-20 years and how have these affected society?
4. What have we seen from people so far regarding the pandemic, and do we think we will become better people (more societal)?
This is the first of a series of articles about the long term effects of the coronavirus on our society. Others being considered are:
• Economic impact of the coronavirus
• Relationships between governments and with their people
• What will the long term impact be on sport?
Is there anything else you want to see covered? Leave a comment.
We don’t know how bad this will get, or how long this situation will last.
I guess we’ll have to wait and see – let’s try and stay safe!
We think that some aspects of our society will never be the same again, and that this situation will bring lasting changes to how we behave and interact. From later this week we will start looking at some of these. Let us know what you are interested in by adding a comment at the foot of the Post.
IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE A COMMENT, SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE!